The GoGabber Forums: Discuss Business, Selling Online, Cars, Girls, Relationships, Property, News & Politics  

Go Back   The GoGabber Forums: Discuss Business, Selling Online, Cars, Girls, Relationships, Property, News & Politics > Relationships, Health & Travel > Health, Fitness, Beauty & Fashion

Old 19-02-12, 11:41 AM   #11
herry Female
GG Master

herry is on a distinguished road

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
I think I am fully prepared for middle age.
because you are already there for couple years...in the age category of 35 t0 44, that can happen considering life style of some individuals.
Quote:
According to Collins Dictionary, this is "... usually considered to occur approximately between the ages of 40 and 60". The current edition of the Oxford English Dictionary gives a similar definition but with a shorter span: "The period of life between young adulthood and old age, now usually regarded as between about forty-five and sixty." The US Census lists middle age as including both the age categories 35 to 44 and 45 to 54, while prominent social scientist, Erik Erikson, sees it ending a little later and defines middle adulthood as between 40 and 65.
Old 19-02-12, 12:05 PM   #12
herry Female
GG Master

herry is on a distinguished road

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
Middle-aged adults often show visible signs of aging such as loss of skin elasticity and graying of the hair. Physical fitness usually wanes, with a 5–10 kg (10-20 lb) accumulation of body fat, reduction in aerobic performance and a decrease in maximal heart rate. Strength and flexibility also decrease throughout middle age. However, people age at different rates and there can be significant differences between individuals of the same age.[1]
i have very visible signs of age for last 12 years, my hair are totaly gray, but none has seen it yet. :D
my strength and flexibility better than i used to have at 25, thanks to regular exercise....but i am really afraid of getting older, because of loss of skin elasticity, i guess, as i dont have wanes or any body fat accumulation, or any sign of it.
well the only thing i can say about getting older, there is great possibility to slow it down, by doing bodybuilding, without going into extreme, it can help anybody to look years younger, than she or he really is.
And we can train our brain too, especially our memory, which is very important to do, because if you lost one, it would mean that you already got old, without noticed it, even sarcasm wil not help.
well guys i wish all of us remain in good state as long as we could.
Old 19-02-12, 12:44 PM   #13
statajack Male
GG Guru

Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,127 Posts
statajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the rough

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herry View Post
well guys i wish all of us remain in good state as long as we could.
I'll drink to that.

I agree that we can keep in reasonable condition with a bit of exercise. But I haven't yet found a way of slowing down the development of tram lines and spider webs on the face. To some extent, it depends on how much time you have spent in the sun over the years. The more sun, the quicker and more leathery and baggy the skin seems to develop, although there is a happy median somewhere.
Old 19-02-12, 03:49 PM   #14
foxy00
GG Enthusiast

foxy00 is on a distinguished road

Send gift to a Friend

I love to watch peoples faces when I tell them I am grandmother of 5.
(in march 6).
This User Says Thank You to foxy00 :
Sarah (19-02-12)