The GoGabber Forums: Discuss Business, Selling Online, Cars, Girls, Relationships, Property, News & Politics  

Go Back   The GoGabber Forums: Discuss Business, Selling Online, Cars, Girls, Relationships, Property, News & Politics > Sport, Humour & General Chit Chat > Gabbers Blabber & Off Topic Chat

Gabbers Blabber & Off Topic Chat If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Old 15-02-12, 12:03 PM   #11
statajack Male
GG Guru

Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,127 Posts
statajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the rough

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by krevedko View Post
I hope you don't overestimate your capabilities too much.
E.g. to express Dali in music you have to be a wee bit crazy just like him, and we all know that you do not have his passion in you. You will just fail miserably.

Vettriano would do - as his is dead art based on staged and likely to be liked poses. I say go for it.

I would also suggest Picasso, as this would not require any recognizable skills and no matter how badly you perform this is still can be considered art if you know the right people
Indeed, not an easy task where Dali is concerned. I may not be as crazy as he was, but to indulge my own personal interpretation of one of his pieces is worthy of an attempt. Sure, the snobby Bohemian art critic types might baulk, belch and blow out bubbles, but frankly, I'd be surprised and disappointed if they didn't.

Picasso - I'll have a look through his work and see if I can grab a "feeling".
krevedko (15-02-12)
Old 15-02-12, 12:04 PM   #12
Ashtoreth Female
GG Evangelist

Thanked 1,023 Times in 491 Posts
Ashtoreth is on a distinguished roadAshtoreth is on a distinguished roadAshtoreth is on a distinguished roadAshtoreth is on a distinguished roadAshtoreth is on a distinguished roadAshtoreth is on a distinguished road

Send gift to a Friend

By the way...... do not you support young unknown artists, Cam?
Could I be your muse even if my paintings are not worthy at all?
I´d suggest you something from my green collection for writing a green song very celtic
5 Users Say Thank You to Ashtoreth
Gabber (15-02-12), herry (15-02-12), huney (15-02-12), Koshka (15-02-12), statajack (15-02-12)
Old 15-02-12, 01:12 PM   #13
statajack Male
GG Guru

statajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the roughstatajack is a jewel in the rough

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoreth View Post
By the way...... do not you support young unknown artists, Cam?
Could I be your muse even if my paintings are not worthy at all?
I´d suggest you something from my green collection for writing a green song very celtic
Ellie, my young friend, it would be an absolute honour to do one of yours. We shall converse on the matter of interpretation in due course.

I do like this one from your green collection. and will try to find a thematic musical angle in it. In the meantime, might I humbly ask, if you would show me a small portfolio, say half a dozen of yours of your chosing!

ps - Viktor Oliva's "Absinthe drinker" has a good collection of thoughts wurring around in my mind to stretch to a piece of music. Could roll with this one I think.
Old 15-02-12, 01:42 PM   #14
statajack Male
GG Guru

Send gift to a Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAngel View Post
What important for your idea?
How painter is famous?
Biography of painter?
Subject of painting?
Any especial feelings including in his creativity?
Passion ?

How about Goya for your target?
Some of Goya's pieces are quite horrific. But two of his I am looking at are "Yard with lunatics" and "Witches' sabbath".

Koshka (15-02-12)
Old 17-02-12, 02:13 AM   #15
krevedko Female
GG Master

Thanked 1,505 Times in 783 Posts
krevedko will become famous soon enough

Send gift to a Friend

Cam, this should help and serve as short guidelines

Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.
2 Users Say Thank You to krevedko
Koshka (17-02-12), L.D. (17-02-12)

Tags
amedeo, andy, bohemian, dali, dega, edgar, factory, girl, goya, lautrec, michaelangelo, modigliani, oliva, paintings, passion, picasso, request, songs, toulouse, vettriano, victor, warhol